Over the last few years creativity in all its forms has been unleashed thanks in no small part to technology, this website is a celebration of that fact. Expect me to waffle on about pretty much anything that might, however tenuously, be linked to art and design.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

GarageBand Loveliness


GarageBand, you either love or you really really love it! On Saturday I had my first opportunity to record some electric guitar tracks into GarageBand. I'd seen others do this, most notedly John Mayer at the Mac show, but It wasn't until I actually took the time to mess around with all the amp and effect settings that I began to realise just how astonishing GarageBand really is. Plug the guitar and some decent headphones into the Mac, fire up GarageBand and you're well away!

It's pretty much the stuff that dreams are made of, well my dreams anyway. GarageBand is so much fun that its hard to remain disciplined enough to actually finished one single song. This was true when I was just making instrumental tracks, but now I've put some lyrics and guitar into the mix its almost impossible! Oh if only all software were this good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home