Over the last few years creativity in all its forms has been unleashed thanks in no small part to technology, this website is a celebration of that fact. Expect me to waffle on about pretty much anything that might, however tenuously, be linked to art and design.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"I feel the need, the need for speed"!!


Need for Speed: Carbon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Take a good look at the picture above . . . all done? Right, now imagine that scene, complete with all the motion blur and reflections at a glorious 30 to 60 frames per second! That pretty much sums up EA's, Need For Speed - Carbon. Honestly, this is the most exciting driving game that I've played since F-Zero X or to a lesser extent, Metropolis Street Racer. The handling may not be accurate, but the shear thrill of leaving the '50' (the police) standing is quite amazing. I've been running Need for Speed on my MacBook Pro in Windows XP so I haven't been able to push it up to the highest resolution available, but it looks only slightly inferior to the XBOX 360 version. I'm sure that one of the new Core 2 Duo MacBook Pros or even the new iMac could run the game at it finest detail settings. Also of note is the difficulty curve. It's paced perfectly, for me at least. You never feel as if you've been robbed, yet there is always pressure to win, and in style!

The one thing that has really changed my whole perception of driving games on the PC is using a USB Playstation 2 controller adaptor. Being able to use the Dual-Shock instead of the keyboard or some other duff PC joypad makes all the difference in the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need for Speed Carbon - Gangster disassemblies in style NFS game review - not bad

3:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home