Over the last few years creativity in all its forms has been unleashed thanks in no small part to technology, this website is a celebration of that fact. Expect me to waffle on about pretty much anything that might, however tenuously, be linked to art and design.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Eight Core Mac Pro Madness!


Geek Patrol | Eight Core Mac Pro Benchmarks
Soon we'll have one core for every app that's currently running. At the time of writing this post I have seven apps running using a total of 80% of my available processing power (Intel Core Duo at 2ghz). Some would argue that multiple cores is not the way the industry needs to go, I would tend to disagree with that. Yes there are obviously diminishing returns, especially when running only two or three applications, but as RAM gets cheaper and cheaper people are going to want to leave applications running - ripping a DVD whilst transcoding a movie for playback on my Nokia N93, whilst designing a logo in illustrator at the same time as uploading a file to Bliptv is pretty much a standard snapshot of my Mac usage these days. The more CPU cores the merrier I say!

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Yeah, but what if they were really small cars . . .

1:27 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home