Over the last few years creativity in all its forms has been unleashed thanks in no small part to technology, this website is a celebration of that fact. Expect me to waffle on about pretty much anything that might, however tenuously, be linked to art and design.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD


So far I've managed to watch Empire of Dreams, the other two main documentaries and A New Hope. The quality of A New Hope was extraordinary surpassing anything I had imagined--the colours, the clarity, the compression, perfect! Empire of Dreams is a lovingly crafted documentary about the making of the trilogy, drawing on all aspects of the creative process from the very first creative decision right through to the use and miss-use of licensing. Its chock full a great moments, I especially enjoyed memories of those attending the premier of Star Wars. Even a hard-hearted Star Wars fan will be moved by this thrilling account of one of cinemas defining moments.

All through the documentary is a sense of will and purpose, one mans imagination projected onto film and into the hearts of millions of people worldwide, only possible by George Lucas's faith in his original idea.

I will return to the Star Wars Trilogy again once I have had the chance to watch the other two movies..

1 Comments:

Blogger Aline said...

No mention of the EPIII preview... which for me got the hairs on the back of my neck on end! Hayden in full Darth costume was thrilling! Roll on next May!

2:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home