Over the last few years creativity in all its forms has been unleashed thanks in no small part to technology, this website is a celebration of that fact. Expect me to waffle on about pretty much anything that might, however tenuously, be linked to art and design.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Adobe CS2 Premium


I took delivery of Adobe Creative Suite Version 2 on Friday. Wow! What an awesome collection of design tools. I honestly believe that this is it now, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator (perhaps even GoLive) will be the main creative publishing tools for the next 10 years at least. I was already doubtful of Quarks ability to compete anymore--now I'm certain of it. Express 7 will have to be something beyond a simply evolution if they have any chance of survival. So now we have Adobe for creative print and web tasks, and Apple for everything else and in-between. After 15 years in the design industry it finally feels like things have come together. The only area that still feels immature is web design. It's quite surprising that web tools are still so complex, I wonder who will sort this out the soonest Adobe or Apple? Or could it be Microsoft? ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Aline said...

Webdesing made a leap a few years ago with CSS etc but it seems most sites are really bogged down with applets that ruin the whole experience.

Talking of which I must redesign my webpage on a more simplistic theme. What package can I use on my mac??

1:56 pm

 
Blogger James said...

Yeah well that setup for your website is fine for updating, I was really referring to design of new website really.

11:34 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home