Over the last few years creativity in all its forms has been unleashed thanks in no small part to technology, this website is a celebration of that fact. Expect me to waffle on about pretty much anything that might, however tenuously, be linked to art and design.

Friday, July 08, 2005

"Draw what you see, not what you think you know"


Very few words of wisdom remain from my schools days, but the above sentence is one that drifts into my field of conscious thought every few months. My art teacher, whose name escapes me, used to practically ram this idea into our ears at every lesson. I didn't like him very much, he always seemed so condescending. Looking back I think he was probably just bored to tears - he wanted to open our minds and all we wanted to do was chuck clay poos around!

Draw what you see, not what you think you know. Good advice! Thank you Mr. Teacher man, sorry I forgot your name! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Aline said...

"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

3:30 pm

 
Blogger James said...

"...fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people"
- Arnold Rimmer

2:03 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home